If you’re thinking of checking out other places aside from the overrated beaches this summer, then Mag-Aso Falls is your perfect destination. Located in Sitio Dug-anon, Barangay Oringao, Kabankalan City; it is only a two-hour car ride from Bacolod City.
Get drenched in the powder blue water coming from the unsoiled and enchanting place of Mag-Aso Falls. This body of water can be likened to Cambugahay Falls in Siquijor where it allures the travellers of its bewildering aura.
As you arrive in the resort, you are welcomed with this stony backdrop in the entrance.
Inside is a manmade pool filled with fresh water originating from the falls where you can enjoy swimming next to the cottages. This is ideal for children to swim since the water in the falls can be deep and dangerous for them if left unattended.
When getting into the falls, you will pass by the nipa huts where you can spend the night here.
If you want security, then you can reserve the room for overnight only at a minimum fee.
On the edge of the path there is a staircase and you have to descend to about 150 steps going into the falls.
On the ground, there lies a viewing deck where you can take pictures as the featured falls become your perfect background.
Behind the viewing deck, there is a mini pond of powder blue water wherein you can swim or climb on the huge log connecting the two sides of the area.
Walking into the falls, you can feel the cool summer breeze as the temperature gently drops. Just by getting your picture next to the falls, you get little tingles as the frosty mist touches your skin and add glitters to your eyes as you watch the breathtaking scrim.
Mag-Aso falls will never fail to amaze you. With its near location and cheap expense, you get so much more than you can ask for. So take a dip and enjoy another beautiful place in Negros.
How to get there:
From Bacolod City :
- head to Kabankalan City and follow the Mabinay Route
- on the left side, you can see the sign going to Mag-Aso Falls
- drive to about 5 kilometers and your reach the entrance
commute (estimate total 500 pesos each)
- catch a bus bound to Kabankalan City from Bacolod South Terminal
- ride a tricycle and head to Mercado
- ride a jeepney or bus heading to Mabinay Route
- ride a tricycle going from the highway to the falls
From other provinces and countries : fly to Bacolod-Silay Airport, Philippines
Mag-Aso Leisure Camp
Sitio Dug-anon, Barangay Oringao, Kabankalan City, 6111 Negros Occidental
+63 34 471 2291 / +63 928 594 6275
- Entrance 50
- Nipa Hut Rental 200
- Room 1000
- Shower 2
Travel Expense Estimate good for 2 pax Day Tour
- Transportation (private car) 500
- Entrance 100
- Shower 4
- Lunch 400
total: 1004 (502 pesos each)
- Prefer to go there on a sunny day because the water becomes less appealing when it’s raining.
- We went there during the Sinulog Festival, and you can just take a glimpse and enjoy the place even just for two hours.
- If you just want to take pictures and have a little plunge then you don’t have to get a cottage to stay in.
- Rates will be cheaper if you bring a private car.
- If with private car, ask google maps for help in your directions.